SPECIAL INDUSTRY ROUND TABLE EVENT WITH CISOs IN NIGERIA – KEYNOTE AND PANEL FEEDBACK
The panel discussed pragmatic ways to ensure full transparency of cyber risk & highlight practical ways to enhance institutional cyber security posture by identifying, protecting, detecting and responding to cyber risk and recovering when breached. It took a broad, top down approach addressing governance, management, operational and technical issues.
Questions/Issues addressed by the Panel
- It has been said that CyberSecurity has now become a Board room not a Back room issue. What board level structures do you have to enhance your CyberSecurity Posture?
- Committees, composition, reporting requirements – frequency, content/metrics – awareness, exercises/simulation, cyber risk insurance, holistic 3rd party Cyber Risk Assessments, CISO briefings, etc
- What CyberSecurity Best Practices do you practice?
- Periodic engagement with law enforcement, industry peer groups (e.g. ISSAN), Consulting/advocacy and government
- Exchange of threat information and possible mitigating techniques
- Adoption of revenant global best practices – tested ways of living the standards, etc.
- What do you consider as the biggest sources of your risks?
- Internal Vs external
- People – the weakest link?
- Employees: Negligence/ignorance, Malice or Mischief
- Suppliers/partners/ 3rd party outsourcing
- Vulnerable applications, Vulnerability Mgt practices,
- Legacy/open source/other apps
- Manual, semi-manual, automated
- Flat Vs Hierarchical structures
- What do you consider to be the top 2/3 most effective measures to enhance your Cyber Security Posture?
- Have you implemented any? If so, how effectively? What are the challenges?
- How do you measure impact?
- How would you rate the CBN Cyber Security Guidelines as an industry initiative?
- Have you implemented a SOC? What has been the impact?
- Do you deploy data analytics, AI or other modern technology in your Cyber Security initiatives?
- There is a global general trend towards Cyber Resilience….
- What specific measures have you taken become more resilient?
- What is your most formidable challenge to becoming cyber resilient?
Click HERE to download below Keynote Presentation by Rakiya Mohammed, CISO, Central Bank of Nigeria